Depending on your location, your school may be closed and student-free for much of the summer. This is the perfect time to deep clean the place from top to bottom. Here’s a handy checklist, so you don’t forget anything.
1. Carpeting. Be sure to use hot water extraction in any areas with wall-to-wall carpeting. Carpeting can take a long time to dry depending on the type. Take advantage of this time off to clean the carpet. At Eagle Mat Floor & Products, we offer full-service carpet cleaning and maintenance. So, feel free to contact us.
2. Mats. Mats need to be cleaned on a regular basis anyway, but now is a good time to clean all of them. Be sure to follow the instructions from the manufacturer. Some can be laundered, and some can even go in a dryer, but you must know what you’re doing because the heat that is too high can destroy mats.
3. Other Flooring. Make sure all the rest of the flooring is fully cleaned. Some types of flooring may need to be stripped and waxed. Do it now.
4. Office. Don’t forget the office. Telephones and desktops are notorious for germs (cell phones are even worse), and an estimated 60% of illnesses resulting in absences from work are contracted from the office. So, you not only want to clean the office, you want to disinfect it.
5. Bathrooms. Now is the time to deep clean and disinfect all the bathrooms. Definitely get into all those corners and replace or repair any damaged flooring.
6. Cafeterias. After the bathrooms, the cafeteria and kitchen is the next place that needs thorough cleaning. Now is your chance, so take advantage of the time you have.
7. Other Places. If possible, clean and disinfect all the lockers. You won’t believe the mess you’ll find in them. Every doorknob, bookcase, shelf, and desk should be cleaned. Is there any outside maintenance that needs doing? Now’s your chance.
Schools are high-traffic and hard-wearing areas. The easiest time to clean them thoroughly is when the kids aren’t there. So, before school lets out this year, plan ahead, and make sure you have everything you need to give your school the best cleaning that it has had all year. Get ready for the new school year with a school that is spic and span.
It’s easy to contact us, and we’re happy to help. You can always call us at (301) 762-2000 or email us at email@example.com for more information.